Almond-Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use brands that do contain have alcohol)
- 2 cups almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup high-quality dark chocolate chips (I use this brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Combine the coconut oil and the pure maple syrup to a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Then, to the same wet mixture, add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt to make your dry flour mixture.
- Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir together until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more if you're feeling extra chocolatey).
- Take out one tablespoon at a time of the batter and gently mold it into the shape you want (mine are usually slightly flat and round).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve warm!