Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 4-5 apples, peeled (optional), cored, sliced thinly (any apple works except Red delicious)
- 2 cups blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or any other berry of your choice! I prefer blackberries.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I make sure to use brands without alcohol in it)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil (slightly soft - heat yours for a few seconds up if it is solid)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or salt of choice
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, blackberries, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- To make topping, combine almond flour, baking soda, pink salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Keep stirring until solid mixture forms. Crumble mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes until fruit is bubbling and topping has browned.
- Serve warm!