Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
Serving size: 1 loaf (8-10 servings)
• 2 cups fine blanched almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
• 1/2 cup cassava flour
• 1/2 teaspoon himalayan pink salt (or salt of choice)
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•3 pasture-raised eggs
• 1/4 cup organic honey (lightly sweetened; add 1/2 cup if you want a sweeter loaf)
• Zest from 1 lemon (about 1 tbsp)
Note: if you want a more strong lemon taste use about 2 tbsp of lemon zest
• 1 tbsp poppy seeds
• 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (almond flour, cassava flour, baking soda, salt, poppyseeds.
In a separate bowl, beat and whisk eggs. Add in all other wet ingredients (honey, lemon zest, melted coconut oil) and mix well.
Slowly fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
Pour batter into a lined loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Remove and cover loaf pan with aluminum foil. Place back in oven and bake covered for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool with foil removed.
Enjoy with salted butter or extra honey drizzled on top!