Chili Garlic Hakka Noodles
Serving Size: 3-4
• 6 oz of japchae noodles (paleo compliant sweet potato glass noodles)
• 2 tbsp Coconut Secret brand Garlic Sauce
• 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tsp gluten free sriracha (I get mine from Whole Foods. I also use 1 tbsp of sriracha but I tolerate / prefer a lot of spice!)
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1/2 red onion diced
• 1/2 green, yellow, red pepper each, diced
• 1 inch ginger grated
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
• Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
• 1 scallion chopped for garnish (optional)
• 1/4 jalapeño sliced finely for garnish (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil with olive oil and salt.
Once boiling, add in noodles and stir frequently. Boil for 4-5 minutes until cooked and springy in texture, but not mushy
Drain noodles and set aside.
Meanwhile make sauce by mixing sriracha, honey, garlic sauce, ginger, salt and pepper vigorously until a sauce forms. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary / to your liking. Set sauce aside.
Place sesame oil and chopped onions and peppers in a skillet and sauté on high heat. Add in coconut aminos after a couple of minutes. Continue to sauté on high heat.
Once cooked, add in noodles using tongs and toss with veggies. Pour in sauce and toss well on high heat. Add in a couple of tbsp of water if noodles get dry.
Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Remove noodles into serving dish. Garnish with cilantro, chopped jalapeños, sesame seeds, and/or scallions.