Roasted Brussel Sprouts Caesar
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
• 1 pound fresh Brussels (stems off and chopped in half)
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp finely ground almond flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 3 cloves garlic grated
• 1 tsp nutritional yeast OR 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
• 1/4 tsp fish sauce (Note: this is optional - flavor from fish sauce is used to substitute anchovies in traditional Caesar. Use Red Boat fish sauce if you do which is gluten free.)
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• A few shakes of Everything But The Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
Place chopped Brussels on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Use hands to massage oil and salt and pepper into Brussels. Place in oven for 25 minutes.
15 minutes into baking, remove Brussels from oven and sprinkle almond flour on top and drizzle a bit more olive oil on top. Place in oven again for the remaining 10 minutes. Check oven after 5 minutes as some oven temperatures vary. Brussels should be crispy, browned, and fork tender once finished.
Meanwhile, mix yogurt, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, grated garlic, nutritional yeast, fish sauce (optional), and Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. Mix well until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. This acts as the Caesar dressing.
Remove Brussels from oven and place in a bowl. Mix dressing with Brussels until well coated. Place Brussels in a serving dish. Top with chopped parsley or a couple of more shakes of the Everything seasoning. Serve immediately and enjoy!