Sesame Beef & Broccoli Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 3-4
• 1 lb lean cut beef (Whole Foods sells stir fry pre-cut beef)
• 3/4 cup veggie or meat stock
• 1/2 cup Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos Garlic Sauce
• 2 tbsp Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
• 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tsp gluten free sriracha (I get mine from Whole Foods. I also use 1 tbsp of sriracha but I tolerate / prefer a lot of spice!)
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 inch ginger grated
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 cup steamed broccoli (optional)
• 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
• Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
• 1/2 scallion chopped for garnish (optional)
• 1/4 jalapeño sliced finely for garnish (optional)
• Shredded carrots for garnish (optional)
• Butter lettuce or gem lettuce for wraps
Set instant pot to sauté mode. Add olive oil to pot and place beef in pot. Sprinkle salt on top. Sear beef for around 1 minute on each side until browned. Do not overcook!
Add in stock and coconut aminos and mix with beef.
Set instant pot to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Make sure valve is set to sealing.
Meanwhile, mix garlic coconut aminos sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sriracha, honey, pepper, salt, arrowroot powder. Mix until thick sauce forms. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Steam 1 cup of broccoli florets until tender and set aside. I just place frozen broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
When beef is done pressure cooking, quick release pressure by turning valve to venting.
Use tongs or slated spoon to remove beef into a bowl. Add steamed broccoli in as well. Pour sauce on top and combine with beef and broccoli.
Taste beef and broccoli and adjust seasonings as needed.
Lay several clean (washed and dried) lettuce pieces on a serving dish.
Place 1 tbsp of beef and broccoli in each lettuce wrap. Garnish with sesame seeds, scallions, cilantro, shredded carrots, jalapeños, or anything else you like! Serve immediately and enjoy!